The latest version 4.0 of the gFM Business ERP software contains an integrated e-mail client that can be used to process all incoming and outgoing e-mail traffic. Incoming e-mails from known e-mail addresses are automatically marked and assigned to the corresponding contacts. Outgoing e-mails created in gFM-Business are now sent via the integrated e-mail client. The e-mail client has the usual mailboxes such as “Inbox”, “Outbox” or “Sent e-mails”, so that all e-mail traffic can be traced exactly as in any other e-mail software. Within gFM-Business, the e-mail client can be opened from any mask with a mouse click.
Setting up new e-mail accounts in gFM-Business Mail
To be able to send and receive e-mails within gFM-Business, at least one e-mail account must first be set up. gFM-Business supports the setup of any number of e-mail accounts according to the POP3 or IMAP standard; e-mails are sent using SMTP. A button for setting up e-mail accounts can be found on the third page of the Welcome Wizard in the main menu and on the mask [Settings > Company Master] under [Accounts/Setup].
To change the settings of an existing e-mail account, click on the desired e-mail account. To create a new e-mail account, click the [New] button.
Under [Account name], enter any name of the new e-mail account. Under [Default Account], select whether to use this account by default to send e-mail if you set up multiple accounts. Enter your name under [Sender Name] and the associated e-mail address under [E-mail Address]. Enable the [Account for Support Tickets] option if this e-mail account is to be used for support tickets. Then switch to the [Receive] setting area in the title bar.
In the settings for receiving e-mails, please enter all relevant data for your e-mail address. If your mail server uses SSL for encryption, please use port 995 or 465. The authorization method is set to “PASSWORD” for most email accounts today. Please enter the password for your e-mail account in the separate dialog that you reach with the [Password] button. If you would like to send and receive your e-mails with other mail programs, please set your account so that all e-mails remain on the server and are not deleted.
gFM-Business Mail can easily be used parallel to your usual e-mail program. In this case, set the “Leave emails on server” option to “On” and the “Delete on server” option to “Off”.
In the last step, switch to the [Send] area to make the settings for sending e-mails:
Enter the address of your SMTP mail server in the [SMTP Server] field and your login name for this server under [SMTP User Name]. Please enter the password for your shipping server in the separate dialog that you reach with the [Password] button. Select whether your mail server has SSL encryption. With standard mail servers, you can leave all other settings at the standard defaults. Click the [Close] button to complete the setup of your e-mail account. Repeat this procedure if you want to set up multiple e-mail accounts in gFM Business.
Create and edit rules
In gFM-Business Mail you can create any number of rules according to which e-mails can be sent automatically in definable folders can be moved. To create a new rule, go to the [Rules] tab in the Accounts and Settings dialog, see the first screenshot for creating a user account.
Enter any name for your new rule in the upper field. To the right of it, indicate whether the rule is activated or not. Specify whether the rule is executed when an e-mail is received or sent. If you specify several rule criteria, you can choose whether the condition is activated by fulfilling all criteria or any criterion. To add a new condition, simply click on the first empty entry in the list in the “Message field” field and select the desired field. Then select the desired criterion and the corresponding value. Below the list you specify the folder to which an e-mail should be moved if the criteria are fulfilled.
Create and edit signatures
On the [Signatures] tab within the mail settings, you can create as many signatures as you like so that you can insert them into new e-mails later with a mouse click. For a signature, you can enter any name and the text of the desired signature.
Global Settings for gFM Business Mail
On the fourth tab [Options] you can define global setting options for gFM-Business Mail.
- Default message format: Sets the message format for newly created emails.
- Default character set: Sets the default character set for newly created emails.
- Reset message history: Sets the current message history. Attention: After resetting, all e-mails that are stored on the servers of e-mail accounts set up on the server are automatically received again. in the same place.
- Windows compatible attachments: Determines whether file attachments should be sent in Windows compatible format.
- Automatically send/receive: Specify here whether and at what time interval messages are to be sent and received automatically.
- Sending/Receiving in the background: Specifies whether messages are to be received in the background or with progress indicator.
- Download complete message object: Defines whether messages are initially only to be downloaded in text format, or whether the entire message object is to be downloaded.
- Settings for the log file: Specify whether the log file is to be overwritten or whether new entries are to be appended. You can also specify a size limit for the log file.
Opening gFM-Business Mail from gFM-Business
Within gFM-Business, the integrated e-mail client can be accessed either from the main menu with the [E-mails] button or from any data mask in the toolbar with the [Mail] icon. After clicking on the button or the icon, the mail client opens in a new window.
The main mask of gFM-Business Mail
The main mask of the new e-mail client is largely structured in the same way as a mask in gFM Business. At the top of the window is the toolbar with the following icons and fields in the title bar:
- Folder selection – select the current folder to be displayed here.
- Symbol [Folder] – in the following dialog you can create further folders or rename folders
- Icon [New] – used to create a new e-mail
- Rec.] icon – starts receiving e-mails from all active e-mail accounts.
- icon Send]– starts sending all e-mails located in the “Outbox” folder.
- Print] icon – used to print an E-mail.
- Delete] icon – used to delete an e-mail.
- Symbol [Reply] – answer the selected e-mail with this symbol.
- Icon [Allen] – sends a reply to all recipients of an e-mail including “CC
- Forward] icon – for forwarding the selected e-mail to other recipients.
- Account] icon – accesses the account settings for your email accounts.
- Symbol [Settings] – calls up the settings of the e-mail client.
- Quick search – filters all e-mails in the list view to the search term you entered.
- Symbol [gFM-Business] – serves to quickly call the last mask in gFM-Business.
Each line shows an e-mail with the following fields:
- Checkbox – allows you to check an email for further actions.
- Sender – Sender of the e-mail
- Subject – Subject of the e-mail
- To – Recipient of the e-mail
- Copy to – Recipient of a copy of the e-mail
- Time – time at which the message was received
- Customer no. – gFM-Business automatically assigns known e-mail addresses to the corresponding customer number upon receipt. For each customer, any number of additional e-mail addresses can be entered under [Customers > Overview > Details] in the [Assignment] field, which are to be automatically linked to the customer when the mail is received. With a click on a filled field [customer no.] the corresponding contact is displayed in gFM-Business is called.
After you have set up your e-mail account in the first step, click on the [Rec.] icon in the toolbar to receive all e-mails from your e-mail account that are then displayed in the list view.
Create new message and select recipient
To create a new e-mail, click the [New] icon in the toolbar of the gFM-Business Mail main window. All e-mail functions within gFM-Business are now automatically executed with the new e-mail client. If you send individual e-mails within gFM-Business, the following window also appears for creating a new message:
The title bar contains the account selection, via which e-mail account the message is to be sent, as well as the toolbar with the following functions:
- Send] icon – moves the message to the [Outbox] folder and is sent on the Next Collected Send.
- Icon [Immediate] – sends the message immediately
- Symbol [Window] – sends the message immediately and closes the window
- Symbol [Rec.] – calls up the recipient selection in a dialog box.
- Symbol [Delete] – moves the message to the trash.
If you set the e-mail format to “Rich” (default), you can format the text in your e-mail as you wish – all text formatting is automatically transferred to the e-mail. The [Preview] button allows you to preview your e-mail.
Recipient e-mail, file attachments and signatures
If you want to add another e-mail address as a recipient without an address book, simply click in the next free line of the recipient list in the grey field and select the recipient type (“To”: Normal recipient, “Cc”: Copy Receiver,”Bcc”: Blind copy receiver.
Add as many file attachments as you like by clicking on the paper clip icon in the [File Attachments] area and selecting a file attachment in the following dialog.
If you want to add a signature, select your desired signature from the [Select signature…] drop-down menu at the bottom left and then click on the [Insert] button. The [Define] button opens a window for entering new signatures.
With the symbol [Rec.] you can insert recipients from the mail address book. gFM-Business Mail has its own address book to which you can transfer any addresses and contacts from gFM-Business.
In the upper column there is a search field for the full text search within the contact list. In the [Select as] column, the desired contact can be inserted in the e-mail as either the main recipient (To), copy recipient (Cc), or blind copy recipient (Bcc).
Click the [Contacts] button to open the gFM-Business Mail address book, in which all contacts can be edited or transferred from the gFM-Business ERP software.
Managing Contacts in the Address Book
In the address book management of gFM-Business Mail, you can edit contacts, add new contacts or transfer from addresses or contact persons from the gFM-Business ERP software. All address-related functions can be called in the function bar at the bottom. By clicking on a contact, the detailed view of the contact is displayed:
Under the tab [Contact] you can enter all contact-relevant data. Switch to the [Address] tab to also manage the postal address in the address book. Under the register [gFM-Business] you can assign the called contact Assign an address or contact person from gFM business:
You can use the [Addresses] and [Contacts] tabs to switch between addresses and contact persons from gFM Business. Use the [Quick Search] field to filter the list by specific search terms. By clicking on an entry, the address or contact person can be assigned to the called contact in the address book.
Call, read and reply to messages
To display a specific e-mail in the main window of gFM-Business Mail, simply click on the corresponding line of the e-mail, which then opens in a new window:
At the top of the window is the toolbar with the following icons and fields:
- Symbol [Close] – closes the window, analogous to the red close button of the window itself.
- Icon [Reply] – with this button you can write a reply to this e-mail.
- Symbol [All] – replies to the message to all recipients of the original message.
- Symbol [Forward] – serves to forward the called e-mail.
- Symbol [Preview] – HTML preview, if a corresponding message object exists
- Symbol [Head] – displays the header data of the called message.
- Symbol [Print] – serves to print the called message.
- Symbol [Export] – exports the e-mail when a corresponding source object has been created
- Delete] icon – used to delete a message.
- Folder selection – select the folder in which the called message should be located.
In the title bar of the e-mail, each message can be assigned to a customer by either entering the customer number or by selecting it from the List is selected. An email can also be manually assigned to a ticket if the email was not automatically recognized.
In the [Recipient] area, all recipients of the e-mail are displayed; in the right column, the file attachments of an e-mail can be downloaded, if available, in the [File Attachments] area. Below this, the e-mail is displayed in text, rich text or HTML form in the main area.
Folders and default folders for e-mail messages
After setting up an e-mail account, the following folders are automatically created as default folders that cannot be edited or deleted:
- Inbox – contains all received e-mail messages
- Outbox – contains all messages that will be sent during the next transmission. The messages in this folder have not yet actually been sent to the recipient.
- Sent – contains all messages that were actually sent to their recipients.
- Trash – contains all deleted e-mail messages
- Advertising – contains all email messages recognized as spam
- Drafts – contains all started and unfinished e-mail messages
In addition, you can create as many additional folders as you like and move e-mails, for example with automated rules, to new folders when they are received. To check which emails were actually sent to your recipients, look in the [Sent] folder.
Customer-related e-mail messages in gFM Business CRM
Within the gFM-Business ERP software, all e-mail messages assigned to a customer are displayed under [Customers > Events > E-mails].
With the field [Quick search] in the upper right corner above the message list, the list of the E-mail messages can be filtered by full text search for the entered search term. By clicking on a message, the e-mail is displayed in detail in a new window. The small blue circle symbol in front of a message indicates the read status of a message (available = unread, empty = read).
All E-Mail Messages in gFM Business Correspondence
In the [Correspondence] module, all received e-mails are displayed under the [E-mails] item.
The list of all e-mails can be filtered by account using the [Account] field on the left side of the title bar and by any search criteria using the [Quick Search] field on the right side. A mouse click on an entry opens the corresponding message in a separate window. A mouse click on an assigned customer ID opens the corresponding customer in the CRM module [Customers].
The new version gFM-Business 4.0 is now available in all versions and can be downloaded. Users of a previous version can upgrade to gFM-Business 4.0 at a reduced upgrade price. The upgrade discount can be booked directly in our online shop. All users who purchased gFM-Business 3.7.5 during the Grace Period will receive the upgrade free of charge and in the coming days will automatically receive a serial number for gFM-Business 4.0 by email.